|New Buyer Information||Helpful Questions||Monthly Fees|
Click here for a printable list.
Questions to ask when viewing units for sale:
- How large is the Mutual?
- What is the Reserve funding level for this Mutual?
- What is the monthly carrying charge for this Mutual?
- Has this Mutual every imposed a special assessment? If yes, why?
- Is the Mutual planning any major projects such as roofing, repiping, painting, etc.?
- What permits do I need to change anything inside my unit?
- Does this Mutual allow patios and patio covers?
- Does the Mutual allow lower carport cabinets?
- Does the Mutual allow carport rental?
- Does the Mutual have fines for failure to abide by policies?
- Does the Mutual have parking fines?
- Does the Mutual allow growing fruits and vegetables?
- Does the Mutual allow satellite dish installation?
- Does the Mutual allow Jacuzzi tubs?
- How much does the Mutual charge for laundry?
- How many guest passes does the Mutual allow per apartment?
- How many vehicles does the Mutual allow per unit?
- What kind of homeowner’s insurance should I carry? What limits?