|Board Meeting||4th Wednesdays | 1pm | Conference Room B|
Who We Are
The Golden Age Foundation has been serving the Leisure World community for over 49 years. The Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization established in 1973 to enhance the quality of Leisure World life to our more than 9,500 shareholders. Over the years, through the support of volunteers, individuals and organizations the Foundation has organized and implemented many programs that have benefitted our community at no cost to our shareholders. Our foundation is entirely staffed by fellow share holder volunteers.
Core Foundation Programs
- Hospitality Center Located in Clubhouse 6 serves morning coffee and snacks to thousands of residents providing a place and opportunity to socialize and meet their neighbors. Monday thru Friday, from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Income Tax Preparation in partnership with AARP. Filing taxes is important as it helps to prevent identity left and as we recently experienced, those who filed income tax returns were able to receive stimulus payments as part of the federal pandemic response
- Mobility Aids Program the Golden Age Foundation provides free rental of mobility aids including walkers and wheel chairs. Monday thru Friday from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Document Shredding which helps support our recycling efforts but importantly helps protect our shareholders from identity theft, provides every 4 months Shredding Service event for the community in CH 2.
- Environmental Efforts which include battery recycling program, provides every 4 months Battery Recycling event for the community in CH 2.
Donations we have made to enrich our community
Some of the Needs we Have Met:
- Handicapped Accessible Buses
- Bus Benches & Shelters
- Equipment for hearing impaired at the new Learning Center
- Clubhouse 6 Exercise Equipment
- Audio-Alert Traffic Signal
- Interfaith Council Directory Sign
- Emergency Communications System
- Ice Machines and Sound Equipment for Clubhouses
- Video and sound equipment for clubhouses and amphitheater
- Orange Flags installation for bike, scooters, and wheelchairs to avoid accident
- 2019 and 2022 Centenarian Events
- The Collaboration Team serves on-Site
- Meals On Wheels Long Beach
- Meals On Wheels Orange County
Our Covid Response
In 2020 and 2021 were very challenging as we are faced with a pandemic that has deeply affected many of our community. In response to the Co-Vid 19 crisis we have:
- Worked with the Golden Rain Foundation and the City of Seal Beach to distribute approximately 45,000 face masks to shareholders as well as those who work behind the scenes in Leisure World providing much needed services to our community. To secure these masks we worked with:
- our volunteer shareholder sewing brigade which made over 5,000 cotton masks
- Seal Beach business man, Frank Teng, who donated 10,000 masks
- Global Security, a Texas based company, that provided close to 24,000 disposable masks
- Contributed over a $120,000 to support Meals on Wheels of Orange County and Meals on Wheels of Long Beach. These programs are helping to feed thousands of our shareholders who are unable to cook or shop
- Provided volunteers to help facilitate the Optum/GRF Covid vaccine program
In order to continue to support our community we rely on donations from individual shareholders, groups and organizations. If you wish to help support our programs please send your check to:
Golden Age Foundation
P.O. Box 2369
Seal Beach, California 90740
If you would like to learn more about the Golden Age Foundation please visit our website at www.GoldenAgefdn.org our tax id is 23-7273105.