Click here to download the full form.
Due to a growing number of unconfirmed reports of LW members testing positive for COVID-19 (with some fully vaccinated people being hospitalized), the GRF has canceled the following community events:
- Amphitheater Movie Nights, including Wonder Woman, Aug. 13; and Coming to America, Sept. 3.
- Amphitheater Show Series, including the Linda Ronstadt Revival concert, Aug. 19; and the Petty Breakers, Sept. 2.
- Weekend Dances for one month, including Abilene, Velvetones and Vinyl Rock.
- Clubhouse 6 Hospitality Center will close as of Monday, Aug. 16.
Several clubs, and religious groups and churches have chosen to cancel meetings and events for the time being. Please check with clubs and churches for the latest meeting information.
Thank you to all LW’s proactive and prudent clubs that have canceled August meetings. By taking action now, we may be able to get back on track in September
The GRF urges all residents to wear masks and avoid crowds.
The GRF Café at building 5 is once again open for residents to use indoors. The tables and chairs, in reduced capacity per OCHCA, are now available. We added Purell sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer to use in the café per OCHCA guidelines. As the County of Orange continues to raise the tiers we will add more tables and chairs. A limited number of tables and chairs are now available on the adjacent patio. The seating on the Clubhouse 6 patio will be replaced after the completion of the Covid-19 vaccine clinics.
Click here to view the annual report.
The Amateur Radio Service Club provides an opportunity for a Family Radio Service (FRS) practice drill every Wednesday morning. Anyone who has an FRS radio is invited to participate. Please use the following guideline.
- Call-in time begins at 9:30am until 9:45am.
- Use Channel 13/0.
- Be sure to wait until the radio is clear and call in stating your first name, last name initial, and mutual: example John S. Mutual 13 checking in. Remember to press the side button to speak and release when finished.
If you are not sure how to call in and would like additional instruction on use of the FRS radio you may contact Leisure World Amateur Radio Service Radio Club President Rich Erickson, email@example.com or call 562 431-6586 Ext. 409 to leave a message.
~An announcement from the Emergency Information Council~
- Operating hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling toll free (877) 224-8294. Reservations made less than 24-hours in advance cannot be guaranteed.
- Only registered eligible riders can partake in this service. To be eligible, the rider must be a Seal Beach resident 60 years and older.
- To confirm whether you are already registered, call California Yellow Cab – Melissa Gomez or Cristina Valle at (714) 427-2555.
- To register as a new rider, contact Iris Lee at (562) 431-2527, ext. 1322, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email AskCityHall@sealbeachca.gov.
- There is no cost to use this service.
- Transportation services will be provided to any location within Seal Beach city limits, and up to three miles outside city limits and within Orange County for non-emergency medical purposes. Users may also elect to go to the VA Hospital in Long Beach.
Click here to view GRF’s 6 month goals.