The topics for AUGUST 2023 focus on drowning prevention and outdoor activities. For additional information on these topics and to find the safety flyers in additional languages please visit https://ocfa.org/safetyflyers.
Keep an eye on LW Live as well as the News for details on these and other upcoming events. If you haven’t signed up for LW Live, you are missing all of the real-time news. Sign up today at www.lwsb.com today.
We welcome the thoughtful, respectful opinions of our residents and you are invited to attend the next Recreation Committee meeting, either in person or live streaming, at 1:00 p.m. in Conference Room B on the first Monday of the month to share your thoughts or just to keep in the ‘know’ of what’s up with Recreation.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amateur Radio Service Club provides an opportunity for a Family Radio Service (FRS) practice drill every Wednesday morning. Anyone who has an FRS radio is invited to participate. Please use the following guideline.
- Call-in time begins at 9:30am until 9:45am.
- Use Channel 13/0.
- Be sure to wait until the radio is clear and call in stating your first name, last name initial, and mutual: example John S. Mutual 13 checking in. Remember to press the side button to speak and release when finished.
If you are not sure how to call in and would like additional instruction on use of the FRS radio you may contact Leisure World Amateur Radio Service Radio Club President Rich Erickson, email@example.com or call 562 431-6586 Ext. 409 to leave a message.
~An announcement from the Emergency Information Council~
- Operating hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling toll free (877) 224-8294. Reservations made less than 24-hours in advance cannot be guaranteed.
- Only registered eligible riders can partake in this service. To be eligible, the rider must be a Seal Beach resident 60 years and older.
- To confirm whether you are already registered, call California Yellow Cab – Melissa Gomez or Cristina Valle at (714) 427-2555.
- To register as a new rider, contact Iris Lee at (562) 431-2527, ext. 1322, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email AskCityHall@sealbeachca.gov.
- There is no cost to use this service.
- Transportation services will be provided to any location within Seal Beach city limits, and up to three miles outside city limits and within Orange County for non-emergency medical purposes. Users may also elect to go to the VA Hospital in Long Beach.